Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Connecting Dots*

13, 17, 21, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, ....
How old am I? I'm 29. some say its just a number, some say wisdom goes along with the number, some even doesn't want to know the numbers.
For me, those numbers are connecting dots(~Steve Jobs) that makes me who i am today
13
will bring bad luck, some people say, but i think it works the other way around for me. Born on 13th and in my 13th year of living on earth, was the moment when i entered my teenage period, started to feel teen, entered high school, introduced first time to Winning feeling through basketball.
17
was the year when i introduced to "semi real world". Year when i made promised to myself to start be independent girl(at that time :D ) start from Earning my own pocket money(did i success 100%? a bit forgotten:p ). First time have a real part time job as Promoter Girl (hard sales girl, for exact) for some small cosmetic shop. This was the moment when i learnt how fear and shame won't help me in persuading others buy things for me.
This year had lead me to entering sales world career up to today. Start from promoter girls and end up being Campus Promotion team that gave me opportunity to interact with other cities culture. 
This year also introduced me to English Club in Campus that had a great deal in myself confidence development.
21
was the year when i really really learnt that "Life is Hard". In order to Survive, i have to stand strong & wipe away tears (eventhough i rarely cry at that moment). I Worked in one company that popular with its pressure. It taught me to seize every opportunity to achieve the goals. And somehow in the surviving moment I've made wrong and decisive decision that is regretted forever in my life. and it also thought me that life is not all about work and company and when i go along with this perspective, i work and achieve better (i think this is the effect of work life balance, stressless work better).
This was also the year when i learn how to negotiate with traffic police when i violating traffic rules (not on purpose, of course) :)
22
was the year when i first have relationship with man (Man really mean Man that is >5 years older than me) and introduce me to higher education perspective.
This was also the year when i join self motivation & development institution as coach for teenagers. Its not only coaching others but its also remind me to be Bigger Than Me
23
was the year when i realized that i need to do something really different to accelerate myself value. its not enough to just keep running, but i have to Jump.
I granted with scholarship that i never ever dare to think that i'm capable of it before 22.
This is also the year when i learnt that diversity is beautiful. We are better in diversity.
25
was the year when i feel the want of marriage. Never imagined myself to have that kind of want since i surrounded with 2 big brothers and all their boy friends.
This also the year that gave me opportunity to explore the creative side of me in marketing world
27
Marriage and realized that Marriage is not an easy job. It can't be a part time job. This is also the year when i realized that we can survive and live without housemaid
29 is today. its the year when i realized i havent done enough for myself and surroundings (realized 1 month before). I make #1st 101 before 30 self agreement to ensure i will be able to learn and do more valuable things. This is also the year when i consider to consume less for myself and give more to others (sounds so great and phylantrophy, right? hope i can really make it and not just a forgotten writing :p )
And there are (or maybe there are not, who knows) others number waiting for me to understand and learn more in life.
Lets Seize The Day!
*after i re-read again this writing, its sounds so positive but then i also experienced and felt the negative "dots" throughout that numbers period. but since today is a good day, i can only share good things
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment